Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Comparison: OPI Just Spotted The Lizard & Gap Gold Rush

Hello!

Today I’m going to show you a side by side comparison of OPI Just Spotted The Lizard and Gap Gold Rush.

photo 5

In real life they look the same, but it was hard to capture with my camera.

photo 4

Can you tell which fingers each polish is on?

photo 3

Both look like dupes to me.

photo 1

The pointer and ring finger is Gap Gold Rush.

photo 2

Thumb, middle, and pinky finger is OPI Just Spotted The Lizard.

I used two or three coats of both polishes, I’m not sure though because I’ve been sitting on these pictures for a while now.  I know both had good coverage with two coats, but I kind of think I might have used a third. Both applied really well, and I want to say the OPI seemed a little streakier, but the streaks weren’t too bad once dried. I prefer Gap Gold rush because it’s a little cheaper than the OPI (well the regular size at least). These two are also dupes for Chanel Peridot, which I don’t have, but have seen comparisons online. There are so many dupes for Chanel Peridot now, so there is no need to shell out a ridiculous amount of money for the Chanel.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Great comparison shots--these two really are twins! Honestly, if you didn't tell anyone, it would be pretty much impossible to guess.

    Such a bummer, the only Gap store here doesn't carry their nail polishes. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! It is a bummer about not having access to Gap nail polish because they have some cute colors. Luckily most of their colors aren't that unique.

      Delete