Friday, May 4, 2012

Tribal Nails Inspired by Seventeen Magazine

I'm posting twice in one day! 

I have pictures of some actual nail art today. I did these yesterday, and it is still on my nails... for now. I have a digital subscription to Seventeen magazine, even though I'm 22. In this month's issue (May 2012), there is a page with nail art, and I decided to try out one of the manis. 

Here is the picture of the nail art out of the magazine.


My version is a little bit different.  I used different polishes with the exception of the red. My tribal print is also not the same. 




This is what the mani looked like before the nail art. I love the color combination. These are colors I never would have picked to use together. 


In these pictures you can sort of see my nail line, but its not visible in person.  I used two coats of each polish. 


Sally Hansen Pacific Blue, OPI A Roll in the Hague, and Zoya Sooki.


These are what I used to make the tribal print: Kiss Nail Artist Fine Art Pen, and Nail Art Paint in white. 

This was really easy to do.  It was the first time I used the Fine Art Pen, and it made it really easy to do nail art. It reminded me of a black Sharpie, but with a finer point. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment